As we enter into the hurricane season, there are a few things that every homeowner should consider. One of the most important investments you can make for your home during this time is installing hurricane shutters. These shutters not only provide protection from the strong winds and flying debris that come with hurricanes, but they also offer numerous other benefits.
From increased energy savings to increased home value, the advantages of hurricane shutters are plenty. In this blog post, we will explore the many benefits of hurricane shutters and why they are a must-have investment for your home during storm season. So, sit back, relax and read on to learn more!
Hurricanes can cause severe damage to homes, whether it’s from high winds, flying debris, or flooding. The time to protect your home is before the hurricane season begins, and one of the best investments you can make is installing hurricane shutters. These shutters provide a barrage of benefits during a hurricane, including:
1. Protection from Strong Winds – Hurricane shutters are designed to withstand strong winds, reducing the chances of windows and doors being shattered in a storm.
2. Protection from Flying Debris – The high winds during a hurricane can cause significant damage to your home from flying debris. Hurricane shutters can protect your home from this by providing a physical barrier.
3. Increased Energy Savings – During hurricane season, energy bills can skyrocket due to running air conditioning and fans for extended periods. Insulated hurricane shutters can keep heat and cold out, helping lower energy costs.
4. Increased Home Value – Installing hurricane shutters is a wise investment that can increase your home’s value. Prospective buyers will appreciate the added layer of protection that hurricane shutters provide.
5. Insurance Discounts – Many insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners who install hurricane shutters. Having these shutters installed can help you save money on your homeowner’s insurance premiums.
So really, investing in hurricane shutters is essential if you live in an area prone to hurricanes. These shutters provide an array of benefits, including protection from strong winds and flying debris, energy savings, increased home value, and insurance discounts. Don’t wait until it’s too late; invest in hurricane shutters for your home today.
Hurricane shutters are a must-have investment for homeowners living in hurricane-prone areas. Here are three essential benefits of having hurricane shutters installed in your home during storm season.
1. Improved Safety – Hurricane shutters provide a physical barrier against the strong winds and flying debris during a storm. They can protect your home by preventing shattered windows and doors, which could lead to further damage to your property. Additionally, proper installation of hurricane shutters provides structural reinforcement that can reduce the chance of your roof caving in during a storm.
2. Cost Savings – Hurricane shutters offer an opportunity for energy savings. Unlike traditional shutters or window blinds, hurricane shutters protect your home from extreme weather conditions by insulating it from the outside. This added protection can help lower energy bills by maintaining a consistent temperature within the home, reducing the workload on your AC. Additionally, hurricane shutters may lower your insurance premiums, saving you money.
3. Increased Home Resale Value – Installing hurricane shutters not only helps protect your home but also adds value to your property. They provide an increased level of safety and security that many home buyers look for when purchasing a home in a hurricane-prone area. Also, the reduced risk of property damages may help to justify a higher price point.
As you can see, hurricane shutters offer many benefits that make them a smart investment for homeowners. From improving safety during extreme weather to cost savings and increased resale value, hurricane shutters provide a myriad of advantages that make them well worth the investment.
Hurricane shutters come in different types, each offering unique features and benefits. It is essential to understand these types to make an informed decision on which type suits your needs best. Here are the common types of hurricane shutters available:
1. Accordion Shutter – Accordion shutters are permanently mounted on your home and folded away when not in use. They are easy to operate and ideal for covering large openings. Accordion shutters are durable and can handle extreme weather conditions.
2. Roll-Down Shutter – Roll-down shutters are typically made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to roll down and cover the window opening with a high-impact aluminum or vinyl fabric. They are easy to deploy, and you can operate them manually or electronically.
3. Hurricane Screens – Roll-down hurricane screens are an essential tool for protecting homes and buildings from the destructive forces of hurricanes. These screens are made from high-quality, durable fabric that is specifically designed to withstand extreme winds and debris. The screens can be easily installed on windows and doors, providing a protective barrier that prevents flying objects from shattering glass and entering the building.
When considering purchasing hurricane shutters for your home, there are several factors to take into account to make the best decision. These factors include:
1. Budget – Hurricane shutters vary in price, so it is important to establish a budget before choosing a type of shutter.
2. Material – Hurricane shutters are manufactured with various materials, including fabric, aluminum, steel, and impact-resistant plastic. Choose a shutter made of durable, high-quality material to withstand extreme weather conditions.
3. Maintenance – Consider the maintenance required for different types of shutters. For example, some shutters may require regular cleaning or lubrication, while others may require less maintenance.
4. Installation – Hurricane shutters can be installed by professionals or homeowners. Some shutters require special tools, such as drills, while others can be easily installed with minimal tools.
5. Aesthetics – Hurricane shutters come in different styles and colors. Choose a shutter that complements the architecture and style of your home.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision on which type of hurricane shutter is best suited for your home’s needs. Remember, hurricane shutters provide not just storm protection, but also peace of mind during storm season.
Proper installation and maintenance of hurricane shutters are crucial to ensure their effectiveness at protecting your home during storms. Here are some tips to help:
1. Hire a Professional – If you aren’t experienced or confident in installing hurricane shutters, it’s better to leave the installation to a professional. They have the tools, equipment, and expertise to provide a secure installation.
2. Follow Manufacturer’s Instructions – Each shutter material and model may have different installation instructions, so read and follow them carefully.
3. Regularly Inspect Shutters – Check your hurricane shutters regularly to make sure they are in good condition. Check for damage, rust, or any other issues that could impact its performance during a storm.
4. Lubrication – Proper lubrication of hinges and other moving parts is essential to ensure smooth and safe operation. Use a silicone-based lubricant for the hinges.
5. Clean Shutters Regularly – Clean shutters with a mild soap and water solution, and avoid using abrasive cleaners or chemicals that may damage the surface of the shutters.
6. Maintain Proper Storage – If you choose to remove your hurricane shutters during non-storm seasons, ensure proper storage in a dry and safe location, keeping them off the ground and away from potential damage.
Taking these steps can prolong the life of your hurricane shutters and ensure their effectiveness when needed. Remember, properly installed and maintained shutters provide peace of mind and protect your home and family during severe storms.
When considering whether or not to invest in hurricane shutters, the cost is often a major concern for homeowners. While the initial expense may seem like a lot, the cost of not having them during a severe storm can be significantly higher. The damage caused by high winds, flying debris, and water infiltration can result in costly repairs that could have been avoided with hurricane shutters.
The cost of hurricane shutters varies depending on the type and size of the shutters, as well as the material they are made of. The most common types of hurricane shutters are:
1. Accordion Shutters – These are permanently mounted to the sides of the windows or doors and can be easily closed before a storm.
2. Roll-Down Shutters – These are stored in an enclosed box above the window and can be rolled down manually or automatically before a storm.
3. Hurricane Screen – These are also stored in an enclosed box above the window and can be rolled down manually or automatically before a storm.
While the cost of hurricane shutters varies, the investment is well worth it. Not only do hurricane shutters provide protection during a severe storm, but they also increase the value of your home and can reduce insurance premiums.
In addition, several government programs provide financial assistance for hurricane shutters or offer tax breaks for homeowners who install them. It is important to research these programs and consult with a professional to determine which type of hurricane shutter is best suited for your home and budget. Overall, hurricane shutters are a wise investment that can provide peace of mind and protect your home and family during storm season.
Overall, hurricane shutters are a must-have investment for homeowners during storm season. The cost of not having hurricane shutters can far outweigh the initial expense of installing them. The different types of hurricane shutters, such as accordion, and roll-down, offer varying levels of protection and convenience, making it crucial to research and consult with a professional to determine the best option for your home and budget.
Hurricane shutters not only provide protection during severe storms but also increase the value of your home and can lower insurance premiums. Additionally, financial assistance and tax breaks are available through government programs for homeowners who install hurricane shutters.
As homeowners, it is essential to prioritize the safety and protection of our homes and families during storm season. By investing in hurricane shutters, we can have peace of mind and be better prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws our way.
Monday — Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday — Closed
Sunday — Closed
“An install isn’t complete until our customer is 110% satisfied.”